Organized in February 1784, Red Bank is the oldest church in Saluda County, the oldest church in the Ridge Association, and one of the oldest Baptist churches in the state. The land on which the church now stands was donated by Robert Newport of the Old Ninety-Six District on September 18, 1784.
Red Bank began humbly in a brush arbor, followed by a log structure and later a pre-Civil War structure. The present brick church was constructed in 1911 in the Greek Revival Style, and was designed by Joseph H. Casey, architect of much of Anderson University. Famous Southern Baptist preacher, Dr. Robert G. Lee began his full-time ministry at Red Bank in 1917.